Tuesday, February 23, 2010


So this is a picture of the True Grit daffodil. I'm hoping that I start seeing some of these soon. I'm so over winter. If I hadn't lived in Fort Smith, I never would have believed that most of the novel's plot-line takes place in the snow. Folks, it can really snow here!

Lots of stuff pending but nothing immediate to report. If you're just joining us, don't miss the January archives. I was reading and blogging the novel in January, but that's now why you should go back to those posts. The fun part is that there are tons of insightful, fun, and thoughtful responses from students and teachers and readers of all types who responded as they have read the chapters. Go back to the January archives and look at the posts that have chapter numbers.

I'm still looking for guest bloggers, too. If you'd like to blog as you read let me know. Or if you have other items you'd like me to post on the blog, those are welcome, too. Just email them to me and I'll post them to the blog.

Don't forget the True Grit Facebook page, too. We now have almost thirty members over there. Geez, is there a facebook page for everything? YES! Believe me, after all this is over I'll be writing some scholarship about networking in the academic community. I'm learning so much from this experience.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to find a moment to watch the movie. Speaking of which, I have three copies, if anyone would like to borrow one. I also still have some copies of the text if you need one of those.

Keep reading and responding!

No comments:

Post a Comment