Friday, April 16, 2010

Way too much stuff going on!


I'm having a serious problem keeping up with all the True Grit happenings, folks. In addition, managing all this social media stuff--three facebook sites, a blog, and four email accounts--is seriously time-consuming. Especially with so much going on. Ok, here's what I know about.

This afternoon, in Holt 102, Roy Hill will have his demonstration on the firearms written about in the novel. This promises to be informative, safe, and interesting. I'd go if I were you.

Next Tuesday, Kevin Jone's class is filming the courtroom scene in the actual courtroom. He wanted me to play the prosecuting attorney (hmm), but I don't have time to be fitted for the costume (plus, where DO you get a prosecuting attorneys outfit from the late 1800s in my size?). We WILL find a place to show and/or post this video when it's done. That just sounds like lots of fun.

I just got notice that Marie Westphal's class is having an event next Tuesday as well. At 9:30, in Math-Science 204, her ENGL 1213 students will be giving a brief overview of their 'Quote Projects.' You'll want to go to that. Presentations are expected to only be about 20-35 minutes long but I am expecting great things from this great class.

Monday, we're going over to the Central Presbyterian Book Club meeting to talk with their readers about the book. I am REALLY looking forward to that.

And folks, if there's anything else going on please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I missed a firearm demonstration?
    This is Ethan Kuhl, mark me please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see what everyone has done on the quote projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing everyone's quote projects...lots of creativity!!

    ReplyDelete